Sustainable Research and Innovation (SRI) Conference
The Sustainable Research and Innovation (SRI) Conferences is the successor to the Departmental Annual Seminars which were previously organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering at JKUAT.
The first seminar was held in 1995, under the theme: “The Role of Mechanical engineering in changing industry”
. Thereafter, seven seminars were held annually until 2001.
After a few years’ break, the annual seminars resumed in 2006 with the 8th series titled “Sustainable Research and Innovation”.
In 2010, these Departmental Seminars were scaled to international conferences to run annually organized by the School of Mechanical, Manufacturing and Materials Engineering up to the year 2014.
Since then, the SRI conference has been organized and run by the College of Engineering and Technology, JKUAT. The secretariat consists of a team drawn from schools and departments from the college headed by the principal.
The SRI conferences have offered a platform for researchers and innovators in industry and academia to disseminate their research findings over the years.
The conference has continued to grow and gain international pro¬le with submissions and keynote speeches from within and outside the country.
SRI Conference thematic areas:
Mechanical & Manufacturing Systems & Energy Technologies
- New and renewable energy solutions
- Industrial automation, maintenance processes and quality control
- Materials and metallurgical engineering
- Oil and gas
- Mining and mineral processing
- Emerging manufacturing trends
- Aerospace engineering
- Marine engineering
- Industrial Engineering
Optimization of power generation and transmission.
- Emerging communication improvement strategies
- Application of electronic technology in industrial automation and control
- Control engineering, robotics and informatics
- Networking, sensing and signal processing
- Sustainable Power Transmission, Electronic and Telecommunication
Biosystems and Processing Engineering
- Chemical engineering and processing
- Agricultural engineering and Agro-machinery
- Water resources engineering
- Environmental management and engineering
- Climate change and pollution control
Optimization strategies in transport sector
- Application of GIS Technology
- Sustainable building materials
- Architectural design and construction technology
- Environmental Management